A Cabaret Evening of Light Opera and Standardswill be presented by the Saint Ignatius Musicians on Saturday, October 20, starting at 7:30 PM in Ignatian Hall. The musicians of St. Ignatius Church will treat us to a night of light opera, Italian tunes, and some greats from Broadway.
- Jim Liwill treat us to a duet with Rebecca and romantic ballads by the Neapolitan composer Francesco Paulo Tosti, and Leonard Bernstein.
- Rebecca Rossellowill render a lovely aria from Puccini’s Rondine, a treat from Once Upon a Mattress, as well as a duet with Kyle.
- You will enjoy the song stylings of Julie Kurzavain amusing tunes by Styne, Comden & Green, Rogers & Hammerstein and Jake Heggie.
- Paul Teiewill offer the jazz tune Devil May Careby Bob Dorough of Schoolhouse Rock fame and, with Jim, will sing O Mimi tu piu non torni, the opening duet of La Boheme’sfourth act.
- Kyle Englerwill deliver everything from the beloved Mexican bolero Besame Muchoand a Verdi aria to a quirky duet with Paul, originally sung by Tom Waits and Bette Midler.
- And the entire company of singerswill swing a capella jazz arrangements of standards by Duke Ellington, Cole Porter, and Jerome Kern.
- Ably providing piano artistry will be Mathew Laneand Tim Murphy.
- The evening will conclude with Nella Fantasiaby the great film composer Ennio Morricone, a song that has become a popular part of the Saint Ignatius New Year’s Eve Interfaith Service.
We hope you will join us for this delightful evening of song.
While you’re enjoying the concert, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy some wine, cheese, crackers and dessert. Tickets are $25.00, and are on sale at all Masses. For those who would like to purchase tickets outside of Mass times contact:
Simone Thompson 443-629-8343
Renee Coshin Coolbaugh 215-205-085